To be or not to be - a short story of the tragic life of a freak.

Three weeks before last Christmas - December 2013 - I was in one of my thousands of melancholic moods. I was brooding about the human condition, especially about the inanity and foolishness of my species. I went to my studio, picked up a small canvas, some acrylic and oil paints, and in no time a new painting was born.

To be or not to be - a short story of the tragic life of a freak.

The little cripple is very unfortunate - he has only one hand,  weird asymmetric eyes, he is not handsome and in addition he is also very lonely. The whole group of very diverse puppets and toys do not accept him. I like him,  but he is not satisfied with my company. In desperation he decides to go on stage, pretends to commit suicide and in front of the other puppets he asks:

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them.

detail - To be or not to be 

To be or not to be by Kasia B. Turajczyk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non est tuum, fortuna quod fecit tuum

From Cowboys to Astronauts - exhbition from waste material

The beautiful, the sacred and the contemporary art