When you stand for nothing, you fall for everything.

  

                                 When you stand for nothing, you fall for everything. 

                                                    Drawing; Size A1; price: ask, the Year 2017- 2022 


Update from 2022, December

Finally, in August 2022, I finished the drawing based on my dream long ago. I am satisfied with the result. Drawing such a large piece on significant paper costs a lot of time, energy, and determination. The size of it is 42 x 63 cm, and it is to buy for 1000 pounds. Per hour, I will probably make 5 pounds - excluded material. How can you survive as a creative person in the world of cheap, printed and copied artworks? You can't. But I am crazy, and painting, drawing, and creating it is my passion. It is my life; 

        When you stand for nothing, you fall for everything. (no idea who wrote it first?)
As Bob Dylan said: 
    
        “What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.”

First post

Occasionally, I dream very unusual, weird, colourful and surreal dreams.

Probably it is not really unusual. According to neurologists and scientists of dreams, we dream almost the whole time, and all similar dreams, and most of us just can't remember them.

 I do. I do remember my dreams - sometimes. I often put down my dreams on paper in writing or drawings. I memorise and repeat them time after time, when still in bed, to not let them escape from my unconscious memory before they are printed in my conscious memory. Of course, I only bother with the most unusual, impossible, shocking or surreal dreams.

 My mum always remembers her dreams; as I sometimes remember them too.

 I found something very fascinating in New Scientist (2 February 2013) about black and white and colour dreams. According to the reports from the 1950s, most people dreamed in black and white. This changed over the following decade. By the late 1960s, most people in the West dreamed in colour. According to Eva Murzyn, University Derby, UK, it has something to do with changes in broadcasting. TV burst into colour at about the same time as the transformation of dreams from monochrome into Technicolour. It is a very peculiar phenomenon. I have to ask my parents if they remember the colours of their dreams from the time before the colour TV.

Here is one sketch for a vast oil painting based on my dream - a nightmare I had in a Polish Hospital two years ago.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non est tuum, fortuna quod fecit tuum

From Cowboys to Astronauts - exhbition from waste material

The beautiful, the sacred and the contemporary art